Sunday, April 6, 2014

Indie Love: Candy Lacquer Unicorn Bubbles

Today's polish is one I've had my eye on for a few months. However, every time I'd go to order it, it would be out of stock. A couple weeks ago I finally was able to grab it and I'm so glad I did!

Candy Lacquer's Unicorn Bubbles is described on their website as "Pastel circles mixed with some holographic silver, white and a few metallics with ultrafine iridescent glitters and a touch of multi-colored sheer shimmer." I am a big fan of circle glitters and this is truly a glitter bomb. I can definitely say I'll probably wear this a few more times this spring. It's got an Eastery feel to to it but I think you could pull this off year round. 


Here I have Unicorn Bubbles as an accent nail with two coats over two coats of Nicole By OPI's It's All About The Glam. I did a coat of Gelous, followed by a coat of Seche Vite.

On my other nails I'm wearing Julie G nail polish in Cupcakes & Castles. I love the color but the formula was a lot more sheer than I was expecting. I have on 4 thin coats and I could have used another. In the bottle, it's a pale pink with a slight green duo chrome effect to it. On the nail, you see more of a shimmer than the duo chrome. Again, I finished with a coat of Seche Vite.

Overall, I think this mani was saved by the glitter. I love light pinks but the Cupcakes & Castles just didn't do it for me. However, I will be wearing Unicorn Bubbles again soon!


Disclosure Statement:  I purchased all of the products listed above myself. I am not receiving compensation and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment